May 20, 2012

Grocery Tips to Help Get You Lean

"I can spend hours in a grocery store. I get so excited when I see food, I go crazy. I spend hours arranging my baskets so that everything fits in and nothing gets squashed. I'm indubitably anal about it, actually." -Cameron Diaz

Grocery shopping is an underrated skill that is not talked about enough.

Grocery shopping is necessary to your success if you are following a strategic eating plan. If you are trying to get lean or stay lean, then you should prepare most of your meals at home. The foods you keep on hand are crucial. Grocery shopping is a must-have skill that will make or break your fat loss program. So with that introduction, I'll go into some of my beloved grocery shopping strategies. I start by manufacture a wholesome grocery list.




Create a wholesome grocery list.

I believe this is the most prominent element of grocery shopping and it occurs before you even walk into the store.

If you gallivant into the grocery store mindlessly, you are more inclined to buy eye-catching items rather than the foods that will help you accomplish your fat loss goals. Grocery market are known for stocking items in determined places where you are likely to "come over them" and if you don't have a pre-planned list, you are asking for trouble! It's no coincidence that candy bars and other sweets are always on display in the checkout aisles.

Now that you've made a list, stick to it.

Creating a shopping list may be the most necessary element of your shopping routine, but it means nothing if you don't succeed through with it. When I shop, it's almost as if I'm on a mission. I effort to spend as itsybitsy time in the store as possible. I get in, make my round, check off all the items on my list, and get out of there. Typically, I spend no more than 15 minutes in the store. The guess for this is that the longer you linger in the store, the more likely you are to deviate from your pre-planned purchases.

I also prefer to visit the grocery store when it is less crowded. This way, it's easier to move through the store speedily without bumping into a thousand other shoppers. It can be frustrating waiting for the man in front of you to pick through every piece of furnish and give it a detailed inspection. For me, avoiding the crowd is just a more productive way to shop.

Items on sale are great... But only if you were going to buy them in the first place.

A opinion I can never realize is when I hear man say they saved money by buying something that they weren't planning to get in the first place. If you need a new car and plan to spend ,000 on a determined model, but end up seeing it on sale for ,000, congratulations! You saved ,000. On the other hand, if you have no need for that new car but resolve to buy it because it is discounted ,000, then you aren't indubitably rescue any money. In fact, you are wasting ,000.

The same idea applies to grocery shopping. As mentioned earlier, you should have your shopping list (preferably a list of wholesome foods, such as lean meats, fruits, and vegetables) Of course, as soon as you enter the store, you will find the "buy one get one free" displays strategically placed right in front of you. Potato chips are buy one get one free, so you grab two bags thinking you saved some money when in fact, all you did was waste money because you purchased something that you otherwise wouldn't have. I could go on and on about personal finance, but I'll save that for someone else article.

My point is I encourage taking benefit of sales... As long as they are items I was going to get in the first place. In fact, I go out of my way to look for sales and coupons on these items. If the items on sale are non-perishable, I will sometimes even buy more than I had originally intended because I know that I will consume them eventually. However, if items that aren't on my list happen to be on sale, I naturally ignore them.

For optimal nutrition, you should stick to the outer aisles of the grocery store when choosing items.

The majority of the time, I stick to a Primal diet. On your shopping trips, you will normally find natural foods that will help you lose fat on the outer aisles. Fruits, vegetables, eggs, and lean meats are all found in the outer aisles. If you go into the inner aisles, you will see items like cereals, cookies, chips, soft drinks, and other very processed foods. If you don't buy these items, they will never tempt you when you look inside your pantry and see them right in front of you. After I stopped buying bread and cereal, my body fat percentage dropped significantly.

Here is an example of my typical weekly shopping list:

Bananas, apples, frozen raspberries, lettuce, onions, green and red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, vanilla almond milk, omega-3 eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, block cheese, sliced turkey, turkey bacon, frozen grilled chicken tenderloins, lean ground beef, sliced jalapenos, minced garlic, almonds, green tea, Edy's Dibs (little ice cream bites, I have a combine each night for dessert).

Make grocery shopping a routine.

I tend to go grocery shopping once a week around the same time each week. I normally either go after work on Friday, or on Saturday morning. I've noticed that during these times, the store is much less crowded. On Fridays, citizen like to either go home and relax after work or hit the bar. Friday night may be a itsybitsy more crowded with family shoppers. On Saturday, the store tends to get more crowded in the afternoon. Anytime before noon and I'm normally in the clear.

To summarize...

Create a wholesome grocery list, stick to it, take benefit of sales if you were going to buy them in the first place, and navigate the outer aisles of the store for healthy, Primal foods. If you succeed these steps, you will come to be a smarter shopper. Remember, grocery shopping is a necessary skill for fat loss, so use these grocery tips to give yourself an advantage!

Grocery Tips to Help Get You Lean

Belkin Wireless Router Samsung USB Cable Make Homemade Greek Yogurt